Sunday, October 13, 2013

Charlie Ballard Lately

I had a pretty incredible week, heres a quick little slide show of the stuff I've been up to:

This past week I got to be in an extra in HBO's new gay cable series called, "Looking" .  They were looking for park extra's so thats what I'm doing in this picture below.  I had a lot of fun, luckily I got to meet some really cool people.  Do you know when sometimes in life when you're supposed to meet people, I think I was supposed to meet Bianka & Jason *pictured*.  None of us knew each other and by the end of the day I really enjoyed their company.


I had a full day, earlier this afternoon I went on a walking tour to Sutro Heights Park with the SF City Guides.  I really enjoy spending my time with their guides because I'm finding out new things about SF and visiting places I've never been to before.  Heres a really great picture I took from the Sutro Heights Park, which is right on the Ocean Beach, I can't believe I've never been there before.


This evening I spent my time with the my comedy idol - Margaret Cho, at the Nob Hill Masonic Theater in San Francisco, California.  She came to town with her new comedy tour called, "Mother"  .  This is the 2nd time I've seen her, "Mother" , show and it was 3x better from the last time I saw her in Las Vegas, Nevada., with Juicely.  I can also say I was there to attend her workshop shows earlier in the year.  Watching Margaret work shop definitely makes me a better performer.


Tomorrow I'm going to be putting in two weeks notice for my Tour Guide job.  This past week a passenger said to me, "I think this is your calling because I'm really enjoying you as a Tour Guide" .  That really pissed me off because being a Tour Guide is not my calling.  My calling is to be a stand up comedian. I make being a Tour Guide fun & entertaining because comedy has been my profession for the past 10 years.  Its been fun and I got to meet some really great people from all over the world but its time to move on.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment