Wednesday, March 6, 2013

How to Choose Your Online Dating Photo

Greetings Daters!

My name is Charlie Ballard and I'd like to welcome everyone to my dating advice blog.

Just a little bit about me, I'm 38 years old, queer, single, and a professional stand up comedian. I know what most of you are thinking, "I'm straight, what kind of dating advice could this gay guy possibley have for me": ?  For my women readers, I know what men like and for my men readers, I completely understand a womans sensibility and know what they want from a relationship.

Personally, I've been actively dating for the past 20 years and I want to share whats worked for me and what hasn't worked for me.  Like it or not but we all really do the share the same experiences when it comes to matters of the heart.

I'm going to share with you guys & gals which photos you should use and not use when it comes to online dating.  Comedian Nicole Turley has graciously has decided to help us out so here we go!

If you're seriously trying to find a partner in the world of blind dating, first impressions are key and it starts with a good photo that exemplifies your character and beautiful face.

Heres a photo you should never post of yourself for online dating.


This photo says one thing, "Hoochie Hoochie Hoochie ..."  !!!!!  If you decided to post a photo like this, you are suggesting that not only are you a skeeze but that you're just really looking for a shady hook up somewhere in a bathroom, which if thats what you're looking for, you'll find plenty of on the casual encounters section on Craigslist.

The universe doesn't play around.  If you're looking for smut, you're going to get smut 10 fold.  And I can say that from personal dating experience.  If you're genuinely looking for a nice honest person with great character than start projecting those energies with your photo.  There really are great people out there and you're not going to be able to find them in a photo wearing you nighty while taking the #2.

In this next photo, this also isn't the best picture to use for many obvious reasons, can you see why?




1)The first thing that pops out at me is, "wow, how many empty beer cups does this lady have in front of her" ?  We all love a good time but not too much of a good time, know what I mean.

2) When posting a photo of yourself for prospective purveyors, its never a good idea to include another female in the picture, right? Because if I'm a single guy looking at this picture and I'm not interested in Nicole then I'm like, "whose the hot Asian chick on the left with tats instead"  ?

3) While this dress looks super sexy on Nicole, its doesn't leave much for the imagination, whats the point of trying to court a person if you're giving everything away on the first impression?

And finally, we come to the online dating photo that everyone should be using, the head shot.


Being in show business, Nicole has her head shot ready for prospective bookers and ideally, this is the type of photo everyone should be using for online dating.  When I look at this photo, I think, "wow, this lady looks confident, has a great smile, and looks very adorable" , sold.

So there you have it, first impressions are everything.

Where you can find Comedian Nicole Turley:

http://www.facebook.com/nicoleturleyworld
https://twitter.com/turleyworld

Happy Dating!

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment