Saturday, January 5, 2013

Struggling

It sucks having High Blood Pressure aka Hypertension.

I guess I've been in denial about it for a long time and my symptoms are finally starting to surface.

Back in 1994, I had suffered a mild stroke and had Bell's Pausey.  I remember when the paramedics took my blood pressure, it was a whopping 240.  They asked me how I felt and I remember it carrying a lethargic feeling with it.

Last night I checked my blood pressure at one of those machines by the pharmacy and my numbers were still pretty high, I think I was 155 systolic.  I have to keep telling myself not to check my blood pressure after I work out.

I've been researching hypertension and theres a myriad of reasons why I could be having it, being overweight, sudden stress from a current life event and so on.

I really want to avoid having a heart attack or having a stroke at my age so for 2013 and beyond, I'm going to find better ways to manage my stresses and what I eat.

Tonight I started eating almonds, which are high in Omega 3 and are good for hypertension, I also read walnuts are good.  Some of the websites recommend fish oils but I'm not much of a fish eater.  The other stuff that caught my eye was to start eating fruits and vegetables.

Besides eating right, my other goal is to stay away from people who trigger my blood pressure.

The other day I found myself having usual thoughts about people who piss me off and I bet you guys anything thats how the stress has been manifesting into keeping my blood pressure up.

I usually do meditations to chill out but those haven't been working lately, I can't seem to focus on the task at hand and keep getting distracted with negative thoughts.

When I go to bed at night, I usually try to leave on the top 40 music channel to help me sleep and lately its been giving me stress.  I usually enjoy their playlist but this time it was really irritating, its like some of the songs I normally listen to are filled with rage and it sounds like they're venting.

So like the old fogey I'm turning into, I tuned into the soft rock channel and felt much more relaxed.

It amazing how much stress we have in our daily lives when we take a step back and can see them for what they really are and if you ask me, I'm done with it.

The best news I heard in this whole ordeal is that my doctor said this anxiety would pass and not soon enough but I suppose I need to go thru the motions.

Stay well everyone!

xoxo 

p.s. I won't tolerate stress on my facebook page, if anyone leaves any kind of stress related posts, you're gonna get blocked.


No comments:

Post a Comment