Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Legitimate Rape



The hot blog topic trending on the web right now is legitimate rape and of course, the person who gets credit for coining this new term is GOP Republican Todd Akin.

In an interview Sunday, Akin told KTVI-TV in St. Louis that a woman's body could prevent pregnancy in the case of a "legitimate rape."

Here's what Akin said Sunday in response to a question on whether he supports abortion in cases of rape:

'It seems to me first of all from what I understand from doctors that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.' (az central blog)


Okay wha ???????

Akin is under the delusion that women can't get pregnant under rape circumstances which is completely and utterly untrue. I have a friend who was born under these circumstances and he lives everyday with this burden on his shoulders. Does that make my friend any less of a person, absolutely not.

I honestly couldn't believe this dickhead attached the word, "legitimate" , with the word rape. He might as well of said it was a, "good rape" , "passable rape" , "standard rape" , or a, "status quo rape" .

So I guess from now on rape victims are supposed to tell their attackers, "I want to this rape to count, so make it a good one" , or, "your my 4th rapist this month, how many times does this have to happen before I qualify" , or, "my legitimate rape card is almost full, can I take a rain check" .

As my friend so eloquently put it, when a woman gets raped and becomes pregnant, its totally her choice if she wants to get an abortion or not. There is no one mandate on how to approach this delicate matter. You can't make women abort nor can you make them carry their pregnancies full term, its a case by case basis.

But certainly, the one thing we can't do is stigmatize these rape victims with further ridiculous mumbo jumbo.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment