Saturday, February 25, 2012

For Lydia

I remember when Anne Rice's movie, "Queen of the Damned" , came out, I was still in Haskell and most of my friends kept raving how much better the book was over the movie.

And to be honest, for someone whose never read any of Anne's books, I thought the movie was pretty good but still, there was something about the lead character, Akasha, the Vampire Queen who made me want to know more about her, I was really curious about what made her so villainous. So that was motive for me wanting to read, "Queen of the Damned" , and I read every page with passion until my questions were answered.

I'm not much of a reader, so it takes a pretty good story to move me.

So this is what lead me to wait in line for three hours and meet Anne Rice so she could sign her new book for me called, "The Wolf Gift" .

When it was finally my turn to get my book signed, Anne immediately winced at the name at the yellow postee inside because it read a girls name and I said, "Oh, this book is for my friend Lydia. I have only read one of your books, 'Queen of the Damned' , and she was the person who gave it to me to read, so now I want to return the favor" .

After Anne signed the book, she politely said, "you'll like it because its polarizing", and I said, "well, I'm going to send it to her first and if she likes it then I might read it too" .

And thats when Anne Rice and her book assistants broke out into laughter. Leave it to me to say something stupid to one of the most entertaining writers of our generation.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I have met Anne several times and can add to your post that she is a wonderful, down to earth sweet soul. I am sure you made her day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS) I just emailed her the link to this post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sweet Charlie!! She is one of my all time fav authors. And this is the only one I havnt read. I was going to read it in Walmart but didn't.

    ReplyDelete