Sunday, December 18, 2011

TMI

How much is enough when I share my blogs with you guys?

Its funny how people never respond to my blogs until I put my really personal shit out there and then like vultures, they're all over it with their comments.

But thats people for you I guess. I learned that lesson back at Sherman when I told Mrs. Kanitobe, the Ramona Dorm matron, that the other boys were making fun of me by talking about me and she said, "well, thats people for you, they're going to talk" . So from that day on I had to get over it and accept it. As the years went on, I learned to appreciate the people who were able to keep their comments to themselves and the other people who told your their opinions whether you wanted to hear them or not.

We really do all have our own demographics. I can think of a few people who lead picture perfect lives in my community and are well respected as they should be, they really do lead good lives and are excellent examples of model human beings.

Me however, on some days I am the complete opposite and struggle really hard to keep my shit together, emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially.

I can think of a few personal hardships I've had to endure growing up, none of which I want to remember or think about it, and to this day I still carry those burdens with me because I haven't learned to let them go.

This is my demographic, I'm here for those people who've been in my situation and need someone to relate too.

When I was growing up, I was very fortunate to have a few very good role models that showed me how to have a big heart and keep it open to the worst of people and the worst of situations. As I got older I learned that these same people I looked up to had their own personal hardships as well. It's scary to me to think that someday these fabulous people I know will be gone and the only thing left by them will be those values in which they entrusted to me.

Their work was not in vain, after all, at times I was a good student and hopefully I did my job and passed their wisdom along to the next generation, only time will tell.

One thing is for sure, I can still love which is probably why I've been listening to Adele a lot lately, go girl.

xoxo

cb

1 comment: