Sunday, December 18, 2011

Laugh Fest Application

I really don't think anyone whose not a comedian, ever knows how not easy it is to get into a comedy festival, for the most part, they already know who they want, and if you want in, you have to do a really good job of selling yourself, especially if you're not a National performer.

The Laugh Fest is a new comedy festival in the 2nd year of production, which is located in Grand Rapids, MI. Last year they hosted my idol Margaret Cho, so they can't be all that bad.

So, on a whim from a friend, here's the letter I sent to the festival coordinator for a entrance spot, so we'll see what happens from here.

Thanks to Amy Vega Boyd for pushing me to do this!

xoxo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, my name is Charlie Ballard and I'm a Native Queer comedian based in San Francisco, CA. A friend suggested that I apply to your comedy festival to entertain your community.

I did headline a Grand Valley State comedy show last year. The student clubs brought me in apart of Native Heritage Month.

I hope you guys are interested in booking queer comedians, after all, you guys booked Margaret Cho last year and it doesn't get any gayer then that.

If you guys can't find a show to fit me in, we can always create an LGBT comedy show for the festival. Those types of shows usually go very well and Grand Rapids already has a good LGBT demographic to pull audience members from.

You guys can see more info about me on my website:

www.charlieballard.com

Thanks guys, I had really good time performing in GR the last time I was there.

And did I mention, my family is rooted from the Grand Rapids area? I'm Anishnabe, which is the name of the local Indians to your area or should I say our area. *winks*

Thanks, hope to hear from you.

xoxo

Charlie Ballard

1 comment:

  1. Not true, she's one of the most beautiful people in the world, her work speaks for itself.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete