Friday, September 30, 2011

Federico Castelluccio



Hey guys, this week's spotlight is on Actor/Painter Federico Castelluccio.

Some of you may know him from his role on the Soprano's, not me.

I was watching Celebrity Ghost Stories last night and when it was his turn to tell his spooky story, I was like, "who the fuck is he" ?

As you guys can see, I don't watch the Soprano's.

Anyhoo, as he went on to tell his ghostly encounter and the tv show showed some of his paintings which I thought were very eye catching, so much that I had to google his paintings because I thought they were so good, so here are some of my favorites.

There was one of his drawings I saw on the show that I couldn't find, I thought it had so much depth but nonetheless you can tell by his other works he's a very talented painter.

So here we go, I don't know what he calls this painting but it's definitely banana inspired. I love the color and you can tell that he see's the same color in the landscape. The color yellow has so many interpretations so I'm going to take a stab and say he was in a good mood when painted this, for me the yellow indicates vitality and sense of yearning.



Blue is the main theme is this painting and that color also represents self reflection so I get a certain loneliness from this painting. It feels like he's trying to surround himself with the other objects to fill the void but it's not working hence the dominant color blue takes the foreground.



This one is good but it's very sad, you can tell that by the colors he chose. I would almost say the woman in the bottom right hand corner is someone that has passed on and that he misses.



I would also just like to say, if I ever dated an older man, this is exactly what he would look like, and he would probably have the same background too.

There's something charming about a refined man into the arts.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment