Saturday, July 23, 2011

Nasty Bloggers

Hey guys, a friend from Twitter sent me a note saying that somebody had some nasty shit to say about me in their blog.

If this was still 2007, I'd probably feel irate or maybe even upset over it but I'm not.

2007 was the year my LOGO clip went viral on youtube and when it did, people were leaving some pretty mean comments on my video, and me, not having any star or celebrity training on knowing how to respond, I just back commented back stuff like, "who the fuck are you" or, "what the fuck is your problem" ? The first person who loaded my LOGO clip actually took it down because they didn't want to deal with the drama, can you blame them?

This is where I started to learn how to live my life under public scrutiny, after that I made it a point not to respond to any comments on my youtube page, good or bad. Of course all the nice comments are appreciated but still, not commenting back gives me a sense of having my own private space.

Of all the negative comments I got, the ones that hurt the most were the ones from people I knew, like maybe one or two. And then come to find out the only reason why they were doing that was because they were just playing around, oh great.

Did that whole experience ruin me, absolutely not. It just made me a better person on how to deal with people.

I like to think I'm a pretty open person but when strangers start acting like bullies on any of my social networking pages, that's when I know it's time for them to go.

That's probably why I keep my facebook page private because atleast I have an idea of whose keeping tabs on me and plus another the thing about facebook is that it keeps everyone accountable, so watch the fuck what you say, I know I do, atleast on my own page.

When I got that note from a Twitter friend, I actually tried opening it but my pc blocked the website from me viewing it because it was deemed as unsafe. I was a little disappointed because I was looking forward to having a good chuckle.

I love hearing what people have to say about my work, reagardless. It really does feed my ego.

Story time.

Back when I use to bowl competitively, any bowler that scored above a 200 game was reason enough to call the front desk lady and have her announce it for the whole entire building to hear.

So that's what this feels like.

Being in show business I've learned there's no such thing as good or bad press. However, the only truly bad press one can ever get is not getting mentioned at all. Trust me, I've been in shows where other performers didn't make the paper and that's gotta be the suckiest feeling in the world.

Now, getting back to this asshole whose been talking shit in their blog about me.

Even though I didn't get a chance to read it or even google their name to see who they are, I actually do appreciate their sentiment for even mentioning me because whatever I did or say, they took time out've their life to reflect on mine and that in itself, is flattering.

But before everyone thinks I took the highroad on this, I still do have a little of that old 2007 in me for all my haters...




with love,
xoxo
cb

No comments:

Post a Comment