Monday, July 25, 2011

Comedy Drama

I found this connected to my Craigslist add looking for talent left by an anonymous comedian:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"The original posting is below. This guy is the laughing stock of the Bay Area comedy scene and not in a good way. He is a mental case, has no talent, alienates everybody he works with and being associated with him will never be good for your career. Don't do it!" .

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is the response I left for the other SF Bay Area Comedians on the yahoo SF Comedy group:


I'll try to be tactful with my response.

There are a great many of you in the comedy community who I truly regret not having a better relationship with due to your habitual alcohol/drug use, bi-polar/neurotic disorders, and hyper-personafied attitudes.

Having been in the business for 8 years and noticing how many of these , "characters" are in the scene, I decided a long time ago to try and surround myself with sincere and genuine people regardless of your background, which hasn't been easy.

I don't mind the competitiveness because I think it's healthy but not to the point where it makes you delusional by leaving deplorable anonymous remarks on or off stage.

But I digress and would like to wish all of you success in your endeavors.

xoxo
Charlie Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment