Thursday, December 9, 2010

Listen To The Music

Yesterday I had a incredible day. I stayed SF to watch the movie, "I Love You Phillip Morris" and then as I was about to head home, I convinced myself to stay for some open mics in the city. So to kill time I went to the Apple Store to check my email. When I finished blogging on one of their Mac's, I looked up and saw this huge line to wrapping around the room.

I didn't think anything of it, I just thought there was sale or something going on. So when I leaving the Apple store I asked a guy in line what they were standing for and he said, "we're waiting to see a free concert by the Doobie Brothers upstairs" . Wow, really?

And then right as I looked at the line, I saw some familiar knuckle heads from the comedy community and was like, "hey, can I jump in line with you guys" .

The Doobie Brothers have been around for a long time. I first time I saw them was on this really cute Black family sitcom in the 70's called "What Happening" . So anyhoo, in that episode, the crew attends a Doobie Brothers concert and Rerun illegally trys to record their concert on a tape player tucked away on his belt. He gets busted because when his big ass starts jumping up and down, the tape recorder falls out've his belt. What a dummy. Growing up as a little kid, the lessoned I learned from this episode was not to jump and down if I'm trying to record a show otherwise that shit will fall out.

The Doobie Brothers played a 30 minute set upstairs and they were pretty good too. They played their classics and some new tunes as well. Here's one of their big hits they're known for:



No comments:

Post a Comment