Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 2 - Phoenix

We just pulled in and had another fabulous day in PHX! Thanks to everyone who came out the Native GLBT show at the 1 Voice Community Center off 7th/Indian School.

We had such a great turn out, that just goes to show you that people do care about these events and that they need to keep happening!

I got to see some old friends from Albuquerque, that was off the hook! I also got to see some old friends from Berkeley and San Francisco, it never ceases to amaze me who I bump into these days!

Afterwards we had to make a mad dash across town to Stand Up Scottsdale. That's a new little comedy club inside the Papi Chulo, which is a really nice mexican restaurant attached the Clarion Hotel. I was able to get on to the late show and even though we had a small crowd, they were pretty great! I was on fire with my dick jokes.

We ended our night at Charley's. Shit, we got there really late. I told these other guys to meet us there and we couldn't leave the comedy club because if we left, there would've been no audience. I really do love Charley's! I always have such a great time there. On our first night at Charley's we ran into this Havasupai trans girl we use to go to Sherman with - Kelly. Kelly was cool, she still has the same vibrant energy like she did in high school, go Kelly!

Alright everybody, we only have one more day in PHX and we're going to spend it at the Phoenix State Fair. Yippie, I can't wait!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment