Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Still Going For It !!

Yes, I'm chipper. This evening one of my L.A. comedy friends sent me the phone # for a Diversity Comedy Showcase that CBS is holding in L.A.

I'm going to call tomorrow afternoon and see if I can get an audition. As they say in show business, as one door closes another one opens. I really hope something beneficial can come out've this.

I can't keep thinking about all the negative stress in my head that goes along with being a professional performer. I feel like with all the hard work, time, commitment that I've put into stand up comedy career, I've should've hit by now.

I have the material, talent, and personality to back it up and in some ways I really feel like I'm being cockblocked on my every move to prevent me from being a success. I should be use to that by now, that's been happened to me a lot in college and I had to fight my way to graduate and get that degree.

I'll always remember my graduation commencement ceremony. Before we walked into Coffin Complex, all the graduates shook hands with their teachers and I was very sure to say "Thank You" to all my supporters. When we got inside and were seated, I sat directly in front an old faculty advisor who did not want to see me finish or rather he did but somewhere else. And while sitting there, I always remember the priceless look on his face because we both knew on that day I had won because I was about to walk across that stage with my diploma.

So that's where I'm at today, I'm still up against a lot of people who don't want to see me finish and right now, I'm drawing my encouragement from all the people who want to see me do well, so I can't this enough to all my friends, family, fans - Thank You !!

I really don't know what's going to happen tomorrow but what I can say for sure is that I'm going remain positive, ambitious, and all together fabulous!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment