Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Blogging on the regular

is not as easy as it sounds... usually I wait for some source of inspiration to write about something.

For me, it's pretty pointless to write about everyday shit because there's no personal energy behind it. Like if I wanted to write about making a peanut butter sandwich during the middle of the day, what's so exciting about that, right, it's not like the Virgin Mary's face popped up in my peanut butter but if it did, that would be prett cool and I'd definitely let you guys know. But alas, I'm looking at my peanut butter sandwich right now and I see no Virgin Mary, instead it looks like fresh dog poop, uhmmm delicious.

But I do have something to blog about. Lastnight I performed at the Rocket Room open mic in SF and had such a great time. This is how much of a great time I had. There were only 6 people left in the building and I rocked it. 2 of them were comics still waiting for their turn to perform, 1 bartender and her boyfriend, and 2 misplaced straight guys, I think those straight guys were waiting for happy hour to start at the strip bar or something.

Anyhoo, I had new material and as soon as I opened my mouth, I had them right from the get go. On night's like that, it really doens't matter how many people are in the audience, good material is good material. I was in such a good mood I think I was having a performance orgasm, really, I was just tinkled pink the whole time I was up there. I was soo hot on stage I could do no wrong. Lastnight's experience reminded me that doing this whole stand up thing makes it worthwhile and fun. I'm sure I'll get a chance to share those jokes again with another larger crowd but for lastnight, it was definitely great for what it was, I just wanted to share that with you guys. Now see, doesn't this blog have a sincere, "I want to share this with you" , energy to it?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment