Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 1 - Toronto

It's been a long day and I'm ready to go to sleep but not before I update everyone on how my trip is going.

I got up really early to catch my 7am flight. When the customer service people asked me if I wanted to upgrade my flight to first class, without thinking about it I went for it. It was wonderful, I really enjoyed the spacious leg room and all the little extra's they did for us.

When we pulled into the airport, it was pretty easy to get around on the ground transportation. I arrived at my Hostel in good spirits. I could not wait to explore the area. I was looking for a Gyro sandwich but the best I could find was a Lebonese place that only sold chicken shawarma wraps, for anyone who doesn't know the difference between a Gyro and a Shawarma sandwich, they're basically the same thing but from different countries. They both come on a pita bread with either hummas or tzatziki sauce inside, filled with onions, tomato's, feta, cucumbers, and your choice of meat. They're sooooo good!

I went to the comedy competition tonight to check out the competitors. An old comedy friend from L.A. was in town for the event - Paul Ogata, he was performing tonight and ended up getting bounced from the competition. I honestly thought he had one of the strongest sets of the night but I had a feeling the judges would be pulling talent from the Canadian side. What makes me say that you might ask, I looked at their website blog and most of the performers who advanced were 97% Canadian comedians. So how does this affect me for tommorrow? It doesn't, I didn't come up here to pussyfoot around. I'm going all out regardless if they pick me or not. I'm just happy to be here and I'm also hoping there will be a nice Native crowd that will show up in support.

Tonight after the comedy show, I went to the gay area in Toronto. It was alright. I'm sure it'll be more poppin this weekend. The men in Toronto are cute. I'd say they're almost twink-ish, meaning small. I've been getting eyes left and right since I've been here and haven't pursued any of those opportunities. When the time is right, I'll go for it. I think the men can tell I'm not from here and they know I have something different to offer from what they're use to. This French-Canadian guy once told me that Canadian men would love me because they like big burly guys. I've only been here 12 hours and I think that might be true. So listen up all you big girls out there reading this blog, ya'll need to get yo ass's to Canada quick!!! It's party time!!

Alright everyone, I'm going to bed.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment