Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Open letter to my tribe

Boo-Zhoo! Awnee Anishna!
Hello, how are you!

My name is Charlie Ballard and I'm an enrolled member of the Sac/Fox Nation of Oklahoma. My maternal Grandmother was Hazel Pontiac John of the Otter Clan - Anishnabe and my paternal Grandmother was Cora Bass *Fish Clan* of the Sac/Fox Nation. I am the son of Beulah John and Charles "Smokey Jr." Ballard. I have one older brother Joe Ballard and a half sister named Candace Dan who lives somewhere in Oklahoma.

First, I would like to say a big hello all to my relations through out Sac/Fox country. I hope you're spending the holidays well with your family and friends.


I'd also like to thank the Sac/Fox Tribal leadership past & present, for there strong committment to our community. We appreicate all the services and programs made available to us.

A little bit about myself. I was born and raised in the Bay Area. My parents met during the last of the Urban Indian Relocation period of the 1970's. Since then my family decided to stay out West to raise me and my brother. In 1992, I graduated from Sherman Indian High School in Riverside, California., and also in 2003, I received my B.A. in American Indian Studies from Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence, Kansas.

Since graduating from college I've decided to pursue a career in entertainment as a stand up comedian. I've been doing comedy for 6 years and have managed to make it onto Comedy Central and LOGO. My online video went viral through out Indian country and everywhere else inbetween. The Indian Country Newspaper recently did an article on me which all of you can read under the press link on my website: www.charlieballard.com

Check me out sometime!

Have a great New Year everyone!
xoxo

Charlie Kenwabikise Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment